Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Things I Thought Were Normal Until I Said Them Out Loud, Vol. 1

So whenever I go to a Yankee Candle store (which is like all the time or at least one time per three years anyway), I will not buy anything until I have gone in a circle around the store and smelled the different flavors. All of them. I really feel like there's no way I can be certain I like a particular scent if I haven't tested it against the others.

FAQ
Q Why don't you just smell the things you generally like, autist?
A Because what if I like French Vanilla better than Sparkling Vanilla or Vanilla Cupcakes or Vera Cruz Vanilla? How do I know what a Wedding Day or Home Sweet Home smells like? Or a Midnight Cove?

Q What is a cove?
A I don't even know! I think dolphins live there. That's why I have to smell it!

Q What is your wedding day going to smell like?
A Cherry Chip Cake and second guesses.

No comments: