Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Interpersonal Chemistry

As I've recently been reminded, atoms are attracted to atoms with the opposite electron configuration. In chemistry class, however, the atoms are drawn to those with an outer shell most similar to their own. God I'm deep.

What I'm trying to say is that, obviously, everyone in class comes to our lab group with questions, because we are awesome. (Oh, and asking the teacher for help usually results in "Read your book," "That's not on the test," or "Let me think about it for a while.") But it's not random who in our group gets approached. The random white girl? She comes to me for clarification. Anyone black goes to Hope, our Af-Am rep. The 40something Indian lady? Hello to you know who. And the Latino kids are SOL, I'm afraid.

No comments: