Saturday, February 16, 2008

Overheard at Duane Reade

So you know it's customer service at its finest....

Pharmacist (I just accidentally typed "Charmacist" first, which you'll soon discover is far more appropriate. Let's stick with that!): Last name?
Customer 1: Gilman, G-I-L
Charmacist: Gilman? G-E-O
C1: G-I-L
Charmacist: Dorothy?
C1: Andrea.
Charmacist: Is your first name Dorothy?
C1: No, still Andrea.
Charmacist: Is this your prescription?
C1: Well, that's not my name and not my prescription so no.
Charmacist: When's your birthday?
C1: 7-10-76.
Charmacist: Date of birth?
C1: 7-10-76
Charmacist: 7, 10, what year?
C1: 76.
Charmacist: 7, 10, 71?
C1: 76.
Charmacist: 7, 10... 78?
C1: 76.
Charmacist: Ah, here.
Customer who got his prescription before Customer 1: Can I please pay?
Charmacist: I can't ring you up, there's no cashier. Who's next to pick up?
Customer 2: I am. It's Andrew Gentle, last name G-E-N-T-L-E.
Charmacist: D as in David?
C2: No, G as in George.
Charmacist: G as in judge?

G as in judge, people. Make it your new inside joke with yourself. She then shook her head and said, "I can't do any more than I am." Obviously not.

No comments: