Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Okay Okay Okay

Here is a new post. Thing is, I have a job now, so I have to take all my good ideas and throw them on a list to use there. Don't worry, once the site actually launches and I discover that there are "limits" as to what I can write, I'll put all the good stuff back here.

But even though I have a very glamorous, very important new job in which I am changing lives EVERY SINGLE SECOND, I still have problems, you know? I'm not untouchable. Here are a few things I'm grappling with this summer:
  • Although I still work out, I work in a very cupcake-heavy environment, and I have put on 73 pounds in just four weeks.
  • I can't figure out how to walk the four blocks from the new icy place to my apartment without eating the entire thing on the way. FYI: cantaloupe, lychee, black cherry, and regular cherry (well, technically it's called FDNY Cherry but I don't recognize FDNY as a sovereign adjective) are all delicious. Pink grapefruit was surprisingly bland.
  • I have some issue with my frontal lobe that makes me unable to stop my impulse to watch any competitive reality show ever made. I've watched Design Star, Shear Genius, America's Best Dance Crew, and the Legally Blonde show in the last week, and tomorrow I re-board the Project Runway bus. What a loser!!!!
  • I can't decide whether to eat pizza, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, or burritos for dinner.
Today I was so hungry that I bit a tine off my fork. True story.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back to your blog, sweetie. I owe you a container of Americone Dream.

S Bennett said...

Yay. Blog.

I hope the new job is going well. If it isn't, you can blame me.

Also, you are supposed to eat the icy before you get home. That's how it works. I am such a pig, that I can eat mine and start to steal some from my wife before we get home. And we are only two blocks away from our icy place.