Thursday, November 6, 2008

Internet Classmates

So far most of the 'significant responses' in my developmental psychology class consist of one-line anecdotes about people's kids. Samples:

* "Babies are just the coolest people. I have learned so much from my kids and they keep teaching me every day.
*
"Its amazing to think that children are so aware of there surroundings. The smallest situation can really have a huge impact on who they will become."

Too true, dudes.

But this response to a question about babies recognizing faces seemed surprisingly insightful: "Early face-specific processing is not automatic,but rather, like other objects, strongly depends on endogenous factors such as the allocation of spatial attention."

So I Googled it. And yeah. I shouldn't even be getting grade school credit for this stuff.

(Pic: bbaunach, Flickr)

1 comment:

S Bennett said...

Yeah, but is is that different from undergrad?